Thursday, June 05, 2008

Payback (in km) when you go for a second hand bike

I decided to go for a second hand bike as I do not prefer to go on a bike in city traffic.
I intend to use the bike for long distance drives on weekends. As you see in the calculations below,
one recovers the cost of a new pulsar in 24,500 km while a second hand pulsar's price is recovered in 16,000 km. The maintainance cost has been factored in the calculations ( it is twice the amount that a regular bike would have).

btw, I bought this bike from bike galaxy at basappa circle on lalbagh road. There are a lot of second hand bike dealers (agents in fact) near minerva circle and VV puram. The same bike would have cost be 3 to 4 thousand cheaper if I would have bought it from the seller directly. I had to pay 1000 Rs to the agent to buy this bike.
The agent gathers this bike from exchange melas, direct sellers, etc.
How far my calculations are correct?
Only time will tell :)

No comments: